Monday, August 25, 2008

Missouri Trip

Ezra hasn't been home for almost 4 years, and we weren't sure when we would get back out there since we never know when he is going to be home. So we decided to go for 2 weeks to visit his family in Missouri. We had such a good time, it was really nice for us just to spend some time together playing and hanging out since he hasn't been home for at least 9 months in the past year. We got to do so much in just two weeks it made the time fly by. We went to a Cardinals game and hung out in St. Louis with his brother and his girlfriend, fiance we might as well say!! Then we had a few family BBQ's so we could see everyone, which was a lot of fun. They are all so close to each other both sides of the family, it made me miss my family so much, I wish we all lived that close together and could do family BBQ's. Then his parents took us to the Mark Twain caves, if any of you have read the Tom Swayer Books you know what I am talking about. It was cool to see where he actually came up with all the cave storys for his book. Then we went to Nauvoo, and we went frong hunting, and they took me to a Red Neck Wedding, for real!! We I also experienced my first Tornado Warning. It was scary to say the least. I have never seen a storm like I did that night. They had flooding the next day and so we visited on of the dams that almost gave out because there was to much water.
One of the coolest things about Missouri though are the Fireflys, they were so amazing to see at night. Every night there were just thousands of these flashing lights, it was so pretty, I wish my Mom could of seen them. We also got to meet our new niece and also spend the week with Braden. Braden is our 6 yr old Nephew that we haven't seen since he was just a year old. It was so much fun to spend time with him, we had so much fun with him.
We had such a good time just hanging out on their farm and seeing everyone.



0 comments: